Blog Post #5

     I struggled with the English Translation of "El Caribe gris" because I do not know how to read or speak Spanish. when passages and articles are translated there is usually a language difference/barrier between the copies and the original make. It can be with certain phrases or even some words that do not have a proper way of explaining or translating the word(s) that the reader is trying to understand. According to "Translation of El gris" "The Columbian inscription, "the world is little," will be perniciously transformed up to the present into another aberrant formulation: "the Caribbean is little." Thus will be inscribed the figures of meekness, inferiority, cannibalism, poverty, smallness, associated with the region of the so-called "useless islands"(El Caribe gris).

    This evidence gave me a misunderstanding because they are two meanings or two different points of view on how to describe the phrase "the world is little" or rather "the Caribbean is little." I feel that's how I find it difficult to really get the main idea or the writing in general when the translation can really mix up what the original writing is trying to portray. The way I deal with trying to understand something that has a rough or difficult translation, I look up the words that I don't understand or I try to find a better translation rather than struggle with the one that was given to me. Finding new ways to understand a translated text helps a lot more than struggling and not understanding the writing and finding the main idea.

    Overall, I feel that if the translation is not an accurate or reliable translation than there can be a better one somewhere deep on the internet. It's just going to take some research to find that said translation for that specific text or writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling to Colombia

Celebrations in Colombia